We got our own Masterchef – Prathana Narang, teacher at Lavonne Baking Institute, to come up with a dessert with Hot Mango Mess, and here’s what she’s done! Four individual recipes that come together to form one whopper of a dessert.
Called Hot Mango Mess Delight, it combines an ice cream, a cake, a crunch and a coulis. Take a look at the detailed recipe below. Be prepared to be amazed!
Watch the preview below
Mango Ice Cream (Eggless)
- Water – 240ml
- Ausum Tea’s Hot Mango Mess blend- 30g
- Caster sugar – 150g
- Stabiliser – 50g
- Liquid glucose – 240g
- Mango puree – 480ml
- Cream – 180ml
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat water, stabiliser mixed with caster sugar and liquid glucose and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the mango puree and cream and cool it down quickly to 4°C.
- Transfer to an ice cream churner and churn till you reach the desired consistency.
Orange Chiffon Cake
- Flour – 120g
- Caster sugar – 90g
- Baking powder – 6g
- Salt – 3g
- Zest – 1 no.
- Oil – 60g
- Water – 30g
- Orange juice – 60g
- Yolks – 60g
- Vanilla – 5ml
- Egg White – 120g
- Caster sugar – 90g
- Sift the dry ingredients and run orange zest.
- Mix wet ingredients to dry mix and make a lump-free paste.
- Make French meringue with egg whites and caster sugar. Beat only till medium peaks (Hard peaks = Lumpy batter).
- Take 1/3rd of the meringue and mix it with the flour paste to loosen it up.
- Add the remaining meringue in two parts, folding very gently.
- Bake immediately at 160°C in a chiffon mould or a cake ring lined with aluminium foil (not greased with butter) for 30-35 minutes.
- Once baked, invert immediately on a tray line with butter paper to retain the height of the sponge.
- Corn flakes – 90g
- Frozen dried strawberries – 40g
- Feuilletine – 70g
- Toasted sliced almonds – 55g
- Ausum Tea’s Hot Mango Mess – 20g
- White chocolate – 265g
- Combine cereal, frozen dried strawberries, feuilletine and almonds with Hot Mango Mess. Temper the white chocolate and pour over the dry mixture. Gently fold the mixture to thoroughly coat with the chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into 3 insert moulds of 16cm and press to a 4mm thickness.
Passion fruit / Berry Coulis
- Passion fruit puree – 100g
- Sugar – 50g
- Lime juice – 20g (optional)
- Heat puree along with sugar and cook till it thickens. Take off the flame.
- Add lime juice and use as desired.
Mango Delight – The grand finale
Finally, experience some unadulterated mango delight when you put the four individual recipes together, like our chef does in the video. Dig in, and zone out. It’s your ticket to heaven and back.
Watch the complete video here:
About the blend:
Ausum Tea’s Hot Mango Mess is an organic Darjeeling white tea blend with the leading notes of Mango and Orange. Like all Ausum Tea blends, it is handmade in small batches with zero sugar and sweeteners and no preservatives.
The blend contains Apple, which is a great vitamin boost and helps build immunity, keep great skin and eyes. The King of Fruit, the Mango along with Strawberry brings in some extra zing with antioxidants and generally happy thoughts. Hailed as the King of Spices, Chilli’s potent inflammation fighting properties make this a must have blend. Hot Mango Mess is available as a loose blend and comes in teabags too. To see more or make a purchase, Click here.
About the chef:
Prathana Narang graduated from Lavonne and now is Assistant Chef Instructor there. She is passionate about baking and is the making of the next Indian Masterchef!