Remember those delectable After8 brownies that Chef Deepika made for us as a special on International Cake Day? It was so good that we went back to her to conjure up another recipe with a different blend. This time, she’s come up with a simple yet delicious and healthy recipe for cookies, made from our Pure Seduction blend. A quick evening snack would comprise of tea and biscuits, but when you can get them both in one, why not?
- Flour 2 cups(330 g)
- Tea leaves 3 tablespoon(30 g)
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon(4 g)
- Butter 1 cup(180 g)
- Castor sugar 1 cup(160 g)
- Blend flour, salt and tea leaves in food processor till the tea leaves are spotted in the flour. Set aside
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar till the mixture is light and fluffy
- Fold in the flour mixture. Add the vanilla extract and roll into a log. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Once it is firm, unwrap and roll in icing sugar( optional).
- Cut 1/2 inch discs. Place on baking tray refrigerate for 30 minutes( this step is just to ensure shape of the cookies remains).
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees. Place the cookie tray and bake for 20-25 minutes till they are light brown.
About the chef:
“Happiness is only a cupcake away.” This is the mantra that chef/ baker Deepika lives by. She runs Deebee’s Bread Basket in Jayanagar, Bangalore. Get in touch with her on +91 99455 10552 for orders.
Visit her Facebook page for details – http://bit.ly/2Fca0D8